tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Aris Javier" <aristotle.jav...@eazix.com>
Subject RE: Why request.getRemoteUser() returns NULL ?
Date Wed, 01 Sep 2004 09:26:02 GMT
i removed the comment, but still request.getRemoteUser() returns NULL.
=|

here's my server.xml;
  <Listener
className="org.apache.catalina.mbeans.ServerLifecycleListener"
            debug="0"/>
  <Listener
className="org.apache.catalina.mbeans.GlobalResourcesLifecycleListener"
            debug="0"/>

  <!-- Global JNDI resources -->
  <GlobalNamingResources>

    <!-- Test entry for demonstration purposes -->
    <Environment name="simpleValue" type="java.lang.Integer"
value="30"/>

    <!-- Editable user database that can also be used by
         UserDatabaseRealm to authenticate users -->
              type="org.apache.catalina.UserDatabase"
       description="User database that can be updated and saved">
    </Resource>
    <ResourceParams name="UserDatabase">
      <parameter>
        <name>factory</name>

<value>org.apache.catalina.users.MemoryUserDatabaseFactory</value>
      </parameter>
      <parameter>
        <name>pathname</name>
        <value>conf/tomcat-users.xml</value>
      </parameter>
    </ResourceParams>

  </GlobalNamingResources>
  <Service name="Catalina">
  <Connector port="8080" maxThreads="150" minSpareThreads="25"
maxSpareThreads="75"
               enableLookups="false" redirectPort="8443"
acceptCount="100"
               debug="0" connectionTimeout="20000"
               disableUploadTimeout="true" tomcatAuthentication="false"
/>

  <Connector port="8009"
               enableLookups="false" redirectPort="8443" debug="0"
               protocol="AJP/1.3" tomcatAuthentication="false" />
    <Engine name="Catalina" defaultHost="localhost" debug="0">

              prefix="catalina_log." suffix=".txt"
              timestamp="true"/>
                 debug="0" resourceName="UserDatabase"/>

      <Host name="localhost" debug="0" appBase="webapps"
       unpackWARs="true" autoDeploy="true"

                 directory="logs"  prefix="localhost_log." suffix=".txt"
            timestamp="true"/>

        <Context path="/eqms" docBase="eqms" debug="5" reloadable="true"
crossContext="true">
                   prefix="localhost_eqms_log." suffix=".txt"
                   timestamp="true"/>

              <Resource name="jdbc/EQMS_DS"
                   auth="Container"
                   type="javax.sql.DataSource"/>

              <ResourceParams name="jdbc/EQMS_DS">
                  <parameter>
                      <name>factory</name>

                  </parameter>

                  <!-- Maximum number of dB connections in pool. Make
sure you
                     configure your mysqld max_connections large enough
to handle
                     all of your db connections. Set to 0 for no limit.
                     -->
                  <parameter>
                      <name>maxActive</name>
                      <value>100</value>
                  </parameter>

                  <!-- Maximum number of idle dB connections to retain
in pool.
                     Set to 0 for no limit.
                     -->
                  <parameter>
                      <name>maxIdle</name>
                      <value>30</value>
                  </parameter>

                  <!-- Maximum time to wait for a dB connection to
become available
                     in ms, in this example 10 seconds. An Exception is
thrown if
                     this timeout is exceeded.  Set to -1 to wait
indefinitely.
                     -->
                  <parameter>
                      <name>maxWait</name>
                      <value>10000</value>
                  </parameter>

                  <!-- MySQL dB username and password for dB connections
                  <parameter>
                      <name>username</name>
                      <value>javauser</value>
                  </parameter>
                      <parameter>
                      <name>password</name>
                      <value>javadude</value>
                  </parameter>
                  -->
                  <!-- Class name for ACCESS JDBC driver -->
                  <parameter>
                       <name>driverClassName</name>
                       <value>sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcDriver</value>
                  </parameter>

                  <!-- The JDBC connection url for connecting to your
MySQL dB.
                     The autoReconnect=true argument to the url makes
sure that the
                     mm.mysql JDBC Driver will automatically reconnect
if mysqld closed the
                     connection.  mysqld by default closes idle
connections after 8 hours.
                     -->
                  <parameter>
                      <name>url</name>