tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Shapira, Yoav" <Yoav.Shap...@mpi.com>
Subject RE: Security of Servlets
Date Fri, 01 Oct 2004 12:18:54 GMT

Hi,

>I'm using mySQL for login name, password validation.
>This from a standard html static page.
>
>I can't see how I can get to this data to validate it?
>Is it possible?

On a standard HTML static page you can use JavaScript for form field
validation and not even submit the form if the inputs aren't valid.
There are dozens of free scripts that do this for you, check out sites
like dynamicdrive.com and alistapart.com.

Even if you didn't want to use JavaScript, you could (and should) add
checking to whatever handles the login on the server side, e.g. the
servlet/JSP/login bean/login action, whatever technology you're using.

Yoav