tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Shapira, Yoav" <Yoav.Shap...@mpi.com>
Subject RE: context sharing problems
Date Thu, 30 Sep 2004 18:12:09 GMT

Hi,
Then put the singleton in the shared repository, not in ROOT.

In general, what you're trying to do is inadvisable and against the
spirit of the Servlet Specification: web applications are supposed to be
self-contained.  Features like a shared classloader repository are not
mandated by the Spec and are a convenience-type feature with different
levels of support and portability across containers.  Consider
alternative approaches to inter-webapp communication, such as over the
network, via shared storage (filesystem or DB), or via a messaging
platform such as JMS.

Yoav Shapira
Millennium Research Informatics

and
>the 'admin' one cannot access the singleton in the 'ROOT' one that has
been
>initialised with some values..
>
>I need some sort of context settings that point the classpath  (vm ??)
>the same place
>
>Any ideas??

$CATALINA_HOME/shared/classes.