tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Shapira, Yoav" <Yoav.Shap...@mpi.com>
Subject RE: Prblm with deployment descriptor for XML RPC Servlet
Date Thu, 30 Sep 2004 18:08:37 GMT

Hi,
Your web.xml is syntactically fine, although I suggest you change to the 2.3 DTD.  Take a
look at the top of $CATALINA_HOME/conf/web.xml to see the DTD declaration and copy it instead
of your current 2.2 delcaration.

For this servlet to be available at http://localhost:8080/locasugeGSM, you webapp must be
deployed at context path "" (the empty string: not "/" or null).  You can do this by overwriting
the existing ROOT webapp that ships with Tomcat, or removing that webapp and adding an explicit
Context declaration to $CATALINA_HOME/conf/server.xml with a path="" attribute.

Make sure to read the Context configuration reference in the Tomcat docs for a more complete
understanding of how to configure your webapp in Tomcat.  And if you haven't already read
it, I strongly suggest you read the "First Webapp" guide in the Tomcat docs.

Yoav Shapira
Millennium Research Informatics