tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Shapira, Yoav" <Yoav.Shap...@mpi.com>
Subject RE: Problems with tomcat on UNIX
Date Tue, 28 Sep 2004 15:16:32 GMT

Hi,
Well, how is the local machine configuration different the unix one?  Is
the driver jar in the same directory?  Is the server.xml the same?  Is
your context definition, if you have one, the same?  When you say you're
running fine locally, is that from within an IDE, or on the command
line?

Out of curiosity, did you search the archives or consult the Tomcat FAQ
before posting your question?  This is not a rare question ;)

Yoav Shapira
Millennium Research Informatics

java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(ClassLoader.java:315)
>        at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)
>        at java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java:140)
>        at
>org.apache.commons.dbcp.BasicDataSource.createDataSource(BasicDataSourc
e.ja
>a:730)
>        at
>org.apache.commons.dbcp.BasicDataSource.getConnection(BasicDataSource.j
ava:
>5
>18)
>        at
>com.sbc.ssbilling.database.DBConnectionImpl.makeDBConnection(DBConnecti
onIm
>l.java:57)
>        at
>com.sbc.ssbilling.calculation.action.CalculationsReportAction.execute(C
alcu
>ationsReportAction.java:51)
>        at
>org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.processActionPerform(RequestP
roce
>sor.java:484)
>        at
>org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.process(RequestProcessor.java
:274
>)
>        at
>org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.process(ActionServlet.java:1482)
>        at
>org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.doPost(ActionServlet.java:525)
>        at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:763)
>        at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:856)
>        at
>org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(Applic
atio
>FilterChain.java:284)
>        at
>org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFil
terC
>ain.java:204)
>        at
>org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperVal
ve.j
>va:257)
>        at
>org.apache.catalina.core.StandardValveContext.invokeNext(StandardValveC
onte
>t.java:151)
>        at
>org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:
564)
>        at
>org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invokeInternal(StandardCo
ntex
>Valve.java:245)
>        at
>org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextVal
ve.j
>va:199)
>        at
>org.apache.catalina.core.StandardValveContext.invokeNext(StandardValveC
onte
>t.java:151)
>        at
>org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:
564)
>        at
>org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.jav
a:19
>5
>)
>        at
>org.apache.catalina.core.StandardValveContext.invokeNext(StandardValveC
onte
>t.java:151)
>        at
>org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.jav
a:16
>4
>)
>        at
>org.apache.catalina.core.StandardValveContext.invokeNext(StandardValveC
onte
>t.java:149)
>        at
>org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:
564)
>        at
>org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve
.jav
>:156)
>        at
>org.apache.catalina.core.StandardValveContext.invokeNext(StandardValveC
onte
>t.java:151)
>        at
>org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:
564)
>        at
>org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:972)
>        at
>org.apache.coyote.tomcat5.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:206)
>        at
>org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:8
28)
>        at
>org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.process
Conn