tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Shapira, Yoav" <Yoav.Shap...@mpi.com>
Subject RE: Increasing heap size in Tomcat
Date Tue, 28 Sep 2004 13:15:46 GMT

Hi,
I think in Tomcat 3.x the variable to set is TOMCAT_OPTS, not JAVA_OPTS
(Tomcat 4.x and 5.x) or CATALINA_OPTS (Tomcat 4.x and 5.x).  This is
covered in the documentation
(http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-3.3-doc/tomcat-ug.html#env_setu
p) which you should have read by now.  If you haven't, go RTFM ;)

Beyond that, I've never used Tomcat 3.x myself, and so I can't offer
much help.  But I do think the above answers your question.

Yoav Shapira
Millennium Research Informatics

knowing