tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Shapira, Yoav" <Yoav.Shap...@mpi.com>
Subject RE: jdk1.4 tomcat.4.30
Date Tue, 28 Sep 2004 12:47:59 GMT

Hi,
Are you launching Tomcat from Ant?  Looks that from your output.  You
need the JMX API on the bootstrap classpath.

Yoav Shapira
Millennium Research Informatics

Method)
>[java]     at
>sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.ja
va:3
>9)
>[java]     at
>sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccesso
rImp
>l.java:25)
>[java]     at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:324)
>[java]     at
>org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:203)
>[java] Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
>javax/management/MBeanRegistration
>[java]     at java.lang.ClassLoader.findBootstrapClass(Native Method)
>[java]     at
>java.lang.ClassLoader.findBootstrapClass0(ClassLoader.java:727)
>[java]     at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:284)
>[java]     at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:282)
>[java]     at
sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:274)
>[java]     at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:235)
>[java]     at
>org.apache.catalina.loader.StandardClassLoader.loadClass(StandardClassL
oade
>r.java:941)
>[java]     at
>org.apache.catalina.loader.StandardClassLoader.loadClass(StandardClassL
oade
>r.java:857)
>[java]     at
>org.apache.catalina.loader.StandardClassLoader.loadClass(StandardClassL
oade
>r.java:941)
>[java]     at
>org.apache.catalina.loader.StandardClassLoader.loadClass(StandardClassL
oade
>r.java:857)
>[java]     at
java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(ClassLoader.java:302)
>[java]     at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass0(Native Method)
>[java]     at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(ClassLoader.java:539)
>[java]     at
>java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(SecureClassLoader.java:123)
>[java]     at
java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(URLClassLoader.java:251)
>[java]     at
java.net.URLClassLoader.access$100(URLClassLoader.java:55)
>[java]     at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:194)
>[java]     at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native
Method)
>[java]     at
java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:187)
>[java]     at
>org.apache.catalina.loader.StandardClassLoader.findClass(StandardClassL
oade
>r.java:621)
>[java]     at
>org.apache.catalina.loader.StandardClassLoader.loadClass(StandardClassL
oade
>r.java:958)
>[java]     at
>org.apache.catalina.loader.StandardClassLoader.loadClass(StandardClassL
oade
>r.java:857)
>[java]     at
java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(ClassLoader.java:302)
>[java]     at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)
>[java]     at java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java:141)
>[java]     at
>org.apache.coyote.tomcat4.CoyoteConnector.initialize(CoyoteConnector.ja
va:1
>153)
>[java]     at
>org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService.initialize(StandardService.jav
a:57
>9)
>[java]     at
>org.apache.catalina.core.StandardServer.initialize(StandardServer.java:
2246
>)
>[java]     at
org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.start(Catalina.java:511)