tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Shapira, Yoav" <Yoav.Shap...@mpi.com>
Subject RE: Tomcat 5.0 contexts
Date Fri, 24 Sep 2004 13:28:32 GMT

Hi,

>Is something wrong with my logger declaration? It does not seem to be
>creating the logs that I specified.

Ahh, I didn't even look at that.  I think it looks fine.  Try specifying
a known absolute directory rather than a relative one ("logs") to see if
that makes a difference.

Heads-up -- don't spend much time on Logger configuration unless you
have to.  If you're already using log4j, JDK 1.4 logging, or
commons-logging, stick to those and don't use a Tomcat Logger.  If
you're not already using one of these packages, consider starting ;)

Yoav