tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Shapira, Yoav" <>
Subject RE: Problem configuring a global resource to be linked from Context elements ....
Date Fri, 17 Sep 2004 12:10:13 GMT

>I think it is because of the way Tomcat classloaders work. Classes in
>common\lib or common\classes cannot see classes in WEB-INF\lib. DBCP
>for the JDBC Driver class and it cannot read it from WEB-INF\lib. This
>the answer I got when I had similar problem. For further info on this
>need help from experts in this list. If the problem is not solved

Your thought is right -- the above is a good description.  The
ClassLoader hierarchy is just that, a hierarchy, meaning different
visibility for different classloaders.  It's described in detail the
ClassLoader how-to, which I might rank at the #1 document all developers
using Tomcat should read and understand.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message