tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Shapira, Yoav" <Yoav.Shap...@mpi.com>
Subject RE: Logfiles in TC4.1.30
Date Thu, 16 Sep 2004 12:29:02 GMT

Hi,

>I am about to set up a TC4.1.30 for production.  Unlike TC3.3 TC4.1
creates
>all logfiles with timestamps in the file name and creates a new file
every
>night.  How do turn this off?  It interferes with out logfile policy.

You would have to turn off (comment out) all the Logger elements in your
server.xml.  That means all logging output will go to standard out,
which by default is $CATALINA_HOME/logs/catalina.out.  That file is not
rotated or time-stamped, so maybe that will fit your logging policy
better.

If you want to keep using the Tomcat Loggers, you can't control the
rollover behavior.  You'd have to extend FileLogger into a customized
version.  See the Logger configuration reference page at
http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-4.1-doc/config/logger.html.

Yoav