tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Shapira, Yoav" <Yoav.Shap...@mpi.com>
Subject RE: Connection pooling and multiple dbs
Date Thu, 16 Sep 2004 12:23:31 GMT

Hi,
One pool = one database.  It's not a Tomcat limitation per se, it's a
limitation of the connection pool implementation (I'm guessing you use
DBCP), which in turn comes from the way javax.sql is designed.

However, you can define as many pools as you want in Tomcat, so just
define one for each DB.

Yoav Shapira
Millennium Research Informatics