tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Shapira, Yoav" <Yoav.Shap...@mpi.com>
Subject RE: Home page Administration and Manager links
Date Wed, 15 Sep 2004 18:03:30 GMT

Hi,
They don't exist as directories under the webapps directory.  Take a
look at how they're declared: using the admin.xml and manager.xml files.
Those files have <Context> elements which point to the docBase.

For Admin and Manager both, you should be prompted for a user name and
password.  If you don't know or didn't configure these credentials, you
should get a 401 (unauthorized), not a 404 (not found) response.

Yoav Shapira
Millennium Research Informatics