tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Shapira, Yoav" <Yoav.Shap...@mpi.com>
Subject RE: How many connections can be made to Tomcat on Windows?
Date Tue, 14 Sep 2004 15:38:44 GMT

Hi,
For starters, use a standard benchmarking or profiling program so that
others believe and can reproduce your results.  Programs like JMeter,
ab, grinder, wget, are freely available and widely used for these sorts
of tests.

I don't know if Windows (you didn't mention what version you use) can
handle 300 concurrent threads on your hardware (which you also didn't
specify).

Finally, note that servings 1000 requests per second is not the same as
serving 1000 concurrent requests.   So you might want to be a bit more
precise in your goals ;)

Yoav Shapira
Millennium Research Informatics

acceptCount="100"