tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Shapira, Yoav" <Yoav.Shap...@mpi.com>
Subject RE: tomcat manager application problems
Date Tue, 14 Sep 2004 12:59:18 GMT

Hi,
We use the Manager webapp all the time (via its HTML interface, although
some people prefer the Ant tasks), without significant issues.

Of course, the usual advice of trying the latest stable version (5.0.28
at this time) applies: specifically in this case, there have been
numerous bug fixes relevant to the stability and operation of the
Manager webapp between 5.0.18 and 5.0.28.

The approach of running applications on separate Tomcat instances also
should never be discounted.  It has a high operational value, although
of course at an increased maintenance cost.  We do this for
mission-critical applications.

Yoav Shapira
Millennium Research Informatics