tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Shapira, Yoav" <Yoav.Shap...@mpi.com>
Subject RE: Tomcat 5.5.1 Installation Help
Date Thu, 09 Sep 2004 16:21:58 GMT

Hi,
You download the compat package from the same place you download your
Tomcat distribution (http://jakarta.apache.org/site/binindex.cgi).  It's
a .zip or .tar.gz distro, take your pick.  Then it's as RUNNING.txt
says:

Running Tomcat With J2SE Version 1.4 or 1.3

(1) Obtain the compat package:

(1.1) Download the compat package from the binary download site:
      http://jakarta.apache.org/site/binindex.cgi

      * Or build this package yourself from the source code: see
        "BUILDING.txt" in this directory.

(2) Unzip the package in $CATALINA_HOME.  It will place the XML
    parser APIs and Xerces implementation in the common/endorsed
    directory, and the JMX API jar (jmx.jar from Sun) in the bin
    directory.

(3) Follow the same directions for starting and stopping the
    server as if you were using J2SE 5.0.

Yoav Shapira
Millennium Research Informatics