tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Shapira, Yoav" <Yoav.Shap...@mpi.com>
Subject RE: How to use ONLY cookie for session management?
Date Thu, 09 Sep 2004 15:33:47 GMT

Hi,
The Servlet Container must obey the Servlet Specification as far as session tracking mechanisms
are concerned.  So you can't turn this off.

You can build a custom version of Tomcat that doesn't do URL rewriting if you'd like.  But
I'm guessing you're not going to like this option ;)

Yoav Shapira
Millennium Research Informatics