tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Shapira, Yoav" <Yoav.Shap...@mpi.com>
Subject RE: Location of third party jar files.
Date Wed, 08 Sep 2004 18:21:25 GMT

Hi,
I feel like I'm repeating myself endlessly into the void sometimes ;)

As I said below, the best way is in WEB-INF/lib.

If you want to stick stuff in common/lib, you can.  If you want to use
the Tomcat container-provided connection pooling, you must put the JDBC
driver in common/lib.  But that's not the best way IMHO (obviously a
subjective call).

Yoav Shapira
Millennium Research Informatics

WEB-INF/lib
>>directory.  Don't symlink, don't put them in common/lib or shared/lib,
>>don't put them on the bootstrap classpath.
>>
>>Yoav Shapira
>>Millennium Research Informatics

intended