tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Shapira, Yoav" <Yoav.Shap...@mpi.com>
Subject RE: chinese charsets not supported on Tomcat5.0.28?
Date Wed, 08 Sep 2004 15:29:57 GMT

Hi,
I'd guess it's related to this bug fix in 5.0.28:

"If ServletResponse.getWriter() is called and no char encoding has been
specified, set response char encoding to default (ISO-8859-1) so that it
is reflected in getContentType() and Content-Type header, as required by
the Servlet Spec (Bugtraq 6152759) (luehe)."

This has been discussed on the list once or twice since the 5.0.28
release was made available.  Be careful to specify the correct encoding
on the server-side when generating your JSPs.

Yoav Shapira
Millennium Research Informatics