tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Shapira, Yoav" <Yoav.Shap...@mpi.com>
Subject RE: ServletContextListener and HttpSessionActivationListener
Date Tue, 07 Sep 2004 14:58:02 GMT

Hi,
The clarification I had in mine was in 14.2.12.1, to the
ServletContextListener's contextInitialized event.  The text in the
Servlet Specification v2.4 is,
"Notification that the web application initialization process is
starting. All
ServletContextListeners are notified of context initialization before
any filter
or servlet in the web application is initialized."

To me the spirit of the above text implies that this event is fired
before session initialization as well.  This text was clarified between
Servlet Spec 2.3 and 2.4.

But it's not explicit enough, and for that you should ask the Servlet
Expert Group (you can find a link for that on the JSR154 home page).

Yoav Shapira
Millennium Research Informatics

IMO