tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Shapira, Yoav" <Yoav.Shap...@mpi.com>
Subject RE: Log4J in Tomcat 5.0...I don't believe the FAQ
Date Tue, 07 Sep 2004 13:20:29 GMT

Hi,
Hmm, it's possible that now that we've moved Tomcat's bootstrapping code
to also use commons-logging, the impl lib is needed on the bootstrap
classpath.  I'll amend the FAQ entry to also link to this thread and
give some though to updating the documentation-proper (as opposed to the
FAQ) on this issue.

Yoav Shapira
Millennium Research Informatics

$CATALINA_HOME/common/lib
>and the properties file in .../common/classes.
>
>You --also-- have to place log4j-x-x-x.jar in classpath when starting
>tomcat.
>
>I did not find a "nice" way of doing this, but appending the path to
log4j-
>x-x-x.jar to the line
>

>CLASSPATH="$CLASSPATH":"$CATALINA_HOME"/bin/bootstrap.jar:"$CATALINA_HO
ME"/