tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Shapira, Yoav" <Yoav.Shap...@mpi.com>
Subject RE: How do I make my servlet the welcome page
Date Wed, 01 Sep 2004 19:22:45 GMT

Hi,
I hope ui.html is a directory and not a file, because otherwise your
Context docBase is invalid.

Specify a DTD (or schema) for your web.xml, and make sure it's valid
according to that DTD (or schema).  For example, in the 2.3 servlet spec
DTD, welcome-file-list can only come after servlets and servlet
mappings.

You will need to define the servlet as a servlet tag, map it, and put a
welcome file entry for the servlet mapping.

Yoav Shapira
Millennium Research Informatics