tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Shapira, Yoav" <Yoav.Shap...@mpi.com>
Subject RE: How to configure logs in Tomcat 5.5?
Date Wed, 01 Sep 2004 16:58:56 GMT

Hi,
No, the Valves are not gone, they're still around.  Their performance is
better, due to simpler runtime stacking and no more double-chaining.

As always, the advice on Valves remains "if you can do it in a portable
way, e.g. with a javax.servlet.Filter, then don't do it in a
server-specific way."

Yoav Shapira
Millennium Research Informatics

If
>> you're unfamiliar with commons-logging or want to learn more about
it,
>> check out the user guide at
>> http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/logging/guide.html.
>>
>> Note that for people who don't care much about logging,
>> System.out/System.err still behave as before, and the
ServletContext#log
>> method works without any special configuration.
>>
>> Yoav Shapira
>> Millennium Research Informatics

intended