tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Shapira, Yoav" <Yoav.Shap...@mpi.com>
Subject RE: [ANN] Apache Jakarta Tomcat 5.5.0 Released
Date Wed, 01 Sep 2004 12:57:46 GMT

Hi,
Yeah, mostly to indicate that there are more major changes than a simple
point release (5.0 -> 5.1) would suggest.  There's the runtime JRE
version changes, internal API changes, significant rewrites/changes to
key classes (e.g. the classloaders).  You can read more about it in the
tomcat-dev archives if you wish.

Any references to 5.1 will be modified to 5.5 if they haven't been
already.

As to Guo Yingshou's message (I replied to him privately already but
it's worth repeating to the public): I know it doesn't build on 5.0.
You need to build it on 1.4 for now.  It's something we're working on.

Yoav Shapira
Millennium Research Informatics

Jakarta
>Tomcat
>> 5.5.0.
>
>Is there any story on the version number "hyper-jump-to-warp-speed"?
5.0