tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Shapira, Yoav" <Yoav.Shap...@mpi.com>
Subject RE: Servlet mapping problem
Date Wed, 29 Sep 2004 12:42:03 GMT

Hi,

>You cannot map a single url. Tomcat only maps prefixes. So, you cannot
map

Really?  Where did this nugget come from? ;)  I nearly choked on my
(otherwise fabulous) croissant.  Your assertion above is wrong.  Tomcat
implements servlet mapping exactly as required by the Servlet
Specification (SRV 11).  That includes path, extension, and default
mappings.  That also includes specific handling of the / mapping (which
is valid and is used in Tomcat all the time, usually without the user
being aware of it).

Yoav