tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Shapira, Yoav" <Yoav.Shap...@mpi.com>
Subject RE: JNDI Database Restore
Date Thu, 16 Sep 2004 18:54:17 GMT

Hi,
Maybe an approach using a validation query would suit your needs.
Configure the pool to test connection validity on borrow, and it'll keep
trying while the database restore is going on.  If you're doing a full
restore and/or running on a full server, this could take a while and is
kind of an ugly design, but if you're doing incremental quick restores
than it might be fine.  See
http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/dbcp/configuration.html for how to
configure DBCP to validate connections on borrow and/or return.

Yoav Shapira
Millennium Research Informatics

P.C.