tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Shapira, Yoav" <Yoav.Shap...@mpi.com>
Subject RE: Server.xml configuration problem
Date Thu, 16 Sep 2004 18:39:34 GMT

Hi,

>Can you please be more specific, I tried to follow up the documents but
>am unable to fix the bug. Can you please send me the example of the
>change? I would be very much thankful to you.
>
> I am assuming that
>
><Resource name="jdbc/myoracle" auth="Container"
>>              type="javax.sql.DataSource"/>
>>
>>	<ResourceParams name="jdbc/myoracle">
>
> Should make the tomcat recognise the database.

Your assumption is wrong.  I think the docs are clear, but here's an
explicit example to help you out hopefully:

Before </Host> in server.xml, add

<Context path="/myPath" docBase="myDir">
  <ResourceLink name="jdbc/myoracle" global="jdbc/myoracle"
type="javax.sql.DataSource" />
</Context>

Don't forget to turn off auto deploy in the Host definition when you add
an explicit Context for your webapp, or it will be deployed twice (once
with the error you've been seeing).

Yoav