tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Shapira, Yoav" <Yoav.Shap...@mpi.com>
Subject RE: Why tomcat 4 or even 3?
Date Thu, 16 Sep 2004 13:05:19 GMT

Hi,
We don't foster the use of older branches.  We always encourage people
to upgrade, and I think the text on the Tomcat home and status pages is
clear to that effect.

And by and large users do upgrade, I think.  You still see Tomcat 3 and
4 questions, and you'll see them forever, but I believe if you tracked
the volume the majority of the questions now are Tomcat 5.  Of course
this is subjective and hard to prove, unless someone wants to write a
cool archive stat crawler.

>the 4 branch. My principal concern about this topic is this: if the
>tomcat community fosters the use of old branches, people will start to

Your predicate is false, rendering the rest of your argument moot.
Moreover, even if it were true, it'd apply to any product out there, not
specifically to Tomcat.

Yoav