tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Dale, Matt" <Matt.D...@beCogent.com>
Subject RE: Clustered webapp that updates LDAP???
Date Fri, 01 Oct 2004 14:59:19 GMT
Is it an option to run a small java app on the LDAP server that does the updates?

This way the tomcats could send update requests to the small server app and it could queue
the requests until it is able to do them.

Ta
Matt
-----Original Message-----
From: Donie Kelly [mailto:donie.kelly@tecnomen.ie]
Sent: 01 October 2004 15:44
To: Tomcat Users List (E-mail)
Subject: Clustered webapp that updates LDAP???

Hi all

I need to create a webapp which will be running on multiple machines but they all get work
which requires updates to an LDAP server. I need to make sure that each webapp handles just
one transaction each so that they do stomp over each others changes.

I'm thinking of allowing just one of the webapps to handle the updates but others would need
to take over if it failed.

Maybe this is the wrong way to go about it so any pointers of a decent techinique to do this
would be appreciated.

Thanks
Donie