tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Dale, Matt" <>
Subject RE: Tomcat development rate.
Date Fri, 17 Sep 2004 09:52:40 GMT

Is there any particular incompatibility that concerns you? I have been using the same apps
basically from an early version of 4 with no changes required to upgrade other than small
changes to web.xml etc to fall in line with the newer servlet specs which tomcat has to follow
and is not in the Tomcat developers control.

If you are concerned then you don't need to upgrade, there are many people on this list still
running versions 3 or 4 of tomcat. In fact, unless you  are affected by bugs that are subsequently
fixed or require the new features or more performance there isnt really a good arguement to

-----Original Message-----
From: []
Sent: 17 September 2004 08:30
Subject: Tomcat development rate.

Since I've been watching Tomcat, it has been rapidly changing
version, with some incompatibility.

Are there any plans to stabilise and perhaps even
consider backwards compatibility?

Am I the only one looking at deployment concerns
over a fast moving target?

Regards DaveP.

**** snip here *****

and any attachments from your system.