tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Luc Foisy" <Luc.Fo...@technical-magic.com>
Subject RE: Tomcat 5.0 contexts
Date Mon, 27 Sep 2004 15:16:19 GMT
That seemed to do the trick.

Thank you.

-----Original Message-----
From: jthompson@honda.co.nz [mailto:jthompson@honda.co.nz]
Sent: Friday, September 24, 2004 9:59 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: RE: Tomcat 5.0 contexts

You need to specify swallowOutput="true" on your context tag to get a
separate Tomcat log, eg:

<Context docBase="/webapps/printerparts" path="/printerparts"
reloadable="true" swallowOutput="true">

Regards,
John

jthompson@honda.co.nz
Ph (09) 372-5010

|---------+------------------------------->
|         |           "Luc Foisy"         |
|         |           <Luc.Foisy@technical|
|         |           -magic.com>         |
|         |                               |
|         |           25/09/2004 02:37 AM |
|         |           Please respond to   |
|         |           "Tomcat Users List" |
|         |                               |
|---------+------------------------------->

  |       To:       "Tomcat Users List" <tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org>
                             |
  |       cc:
                       |
  |       Subject:  RE: Tomcat 5.0 contexts

Thank you.

I did get my context to load from Catalina/localhost/qbs.xml
INFO: Processing Context configuration file URL
file:/home/tomcat/conf/Catalina/localhost/qbs.xml

It does not seem to be honoring the logger, even when I use an absolute
directory.

If it matters, Using RedHat 9.0, jdk 1.4.2_05, tomcat 5.0.28.

I have never used one of those logging mechanisms, I have only used the
tomcat logger. I will look at those others, since I can't seem to get the
Tomcat logger to work at all, which is odd considering the default logger
(in server.xml) for all contexts on host seems to be working fine, as well
as the logger for the admin context