tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Glen Ezkovich <g...@hard-bop.com>
Subject chroot Linux 2.4.20-8 and tomcat 5.0.27
Date Sat, 18 Sep 2004 22:10:09 GMT
We are trying to run tomcat 5.0.27 in a chroot jail on Linux 2.4.20-8 .
When we start tomcat we always get the following error message:

> Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM warning: Can't detect initial thread stack
> location

About 50% of the time its worse.

> Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM warning: Can't detect initial thread stack
> location
> Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM warning: Attempt to allocate stack guard
> pages failed.
> Fatal: Stack size too small. Use 'java -Xss' to increase default stack
> size.

We get the same error running any java application with chroot. I'm
pretty sure this is because some file with important information is not
available inside our chrooted file structure.

Does anyone have a solution to this problem?

Thanks,

Glen Ezkovich
HardBop Consulting
glen at hard-bop.com