tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Tore Halset <hal...@pvv.ntnu.no>
Subject tomcat as AJP frontend to other tomcats?
Date Thu, 09 Sep 2004 12:19:30 GMT
Hello!

We are using jboss+tomcat on some servers. As we are growing and need
more servers we want to introduce a frontend server. One solution would
be to use Apache httpd with mod_jk to route trafic to the correct
jboss+tomcat server.

https://www.company.com/client1 -> jboss+tomcat server 1 via AJP
https://www.company.com/client2 -> jboss+tomcat server 1 via AJP
https://www.company.com/client3 -> jboss+tomcat server 2 via AJP

This are easy to configure under Linux, but this is a windows company..
Should we look for a precompiled Apache httpd with matching mod_jk and
mod_ssl? Or compile it myself? Or should we use IIS?

Is it possible to run tomcat on the frontend server and act as a Apache
httpd + mod_jk + mod_ssl? Are there any other options we should take a
look at?

Regards,
  - Tore.