tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Mufaddal Khumri <mufad...@wmotion.com>
Subject Re: forward to a form with enctype="multipart/form-data" fails
Date Tue, 28 Sep 2004 17:26:02 GMT
Yes :) . It is.

My ImageServlet gets a form submission of a form thats
enctype="multipart/form-data".

	I am using the DiskFileUpload class from Apache using the
commons-fileupload-1.0.jar

	DiskFileUpload upload = new DiskFileUpload();
	List items = upload.parseRequest(request);

	Since the request contains a multipart form submission, I can get data
from that request object once. The
	DiskFileUpload object does this for me and returns a List object i.e.
items.

	In doing so my request object looses all the parameters that I had
sent with it.

	Now, when I do the following:

	path = "/c/shared/UserPhoto.jsp";
	request.setAttribute("errorMsg", message);

getServletConfig().getServletContext().getRequestDispatcher(path).forwar
d(request, response);

	This forward fails !!!! . And I am still at a loss of explanation.

Any help is appreciated.

Regards,

Now doing this in my