tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Kaiser, Paul" <paul_kai...@merck.com>
Subject Autodeploy problems in 5.0.27
Date Fri, 17 Sep 2004 17:59:15 GMT
I'm running into a problem with the auto-deploy mechanism (maybe the wrong
term... the mechanism that deploys contexts based on a external context
configuration XML file in $CATALINA_BASE/conf/<engine-name>/<host-name>).

I started with an out-of-the-box install of 5.0.27 on SuSE 8.2.

I set JAVA_HOME, then run startup.sh.

Everything looks okay.

I then create a directory (call it ~/catbase) and
  - copy $CATALINA_HOME/conf to catbase/conf
  - create empty directories in catbase (logs, work, temp, shared/classes,
shared/lib)

I set CATALINA_BASE=~/catbase and run startup.sh.

I'm expecting the same result as when CATALINA_BASE = CATALINA_HOME.

I discover that none of the contexts in catbase/conf/Catalina/localhost get
deployed. There is no indication in the Catalina log file that anything is
wrong.

Am I wrong to think this should work? Have I left out a necessary config
step?

Thanks in advance.

Paul

Notice:  This e-mail message, together with any attachments, contains information of Merck
& Co., Inc. (One Merck Drive, Whitehouse Station, New Jersey, USA 08889), and/or its affiliates
(which may be known outside the United States as Merck Frosst, Merck Sharp & Dohme or
MSD and in Japan, as Banyu) that may be confidential, proprietary copyrighted and/or legally
privileged. It is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity named on this message.
 If you are not the intended recipient, and have received this message in error, please notify
us immediately by reply e-mail and then delete it from your system.