tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jonathan Rengifo <>
Subject Problem configuring a global resource to be linked from Context elements ....
Date Thu, 16 Sep 2004 01:07:34 GMT
Hi all....

This is the third time I've write a message to the list asking for the
same issue, but didn't solve it, I am starting to think about this is
a really bug in Tomcat 5. My question is ... Why when I configure a
Resource inside the GlobalNamingResources element just to ResourceLink
it inside the context it just doesn't work, throwing an exception like
this ...

org.apache.commons.dbcp.SQLNestedException: Cannot load JDBC driver
class 'oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver'

This means to me that the oracle driver I am using is could no be
found, but then, why when I cut the Resource and paste it inside every
Context I use it just work fine???...

Please help.... How do I configure this global resource??

Here is how I am setting this up...

<Resource name="jdbc/app" auth="Container" scope="Shareable"
     <ResourceParams name="jdbc/app">

Thanks ..

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: