tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Remy Maucherat <remy.mauche...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Newbie to Version 5.5
Date Mon, 06 Sep 2004 15:08:19 GMT
On Mon, 6 Sep 2004 15:04:57 +0200, Freddy Villalba
<fvillalba@pericless.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just downloaded version 5.5. I'm interested in having several instances of
> the server running on the same Windows machine (different ports, obviously).
> Is this possible? Where can I find the documentation for doing so? In case
> it is not possible (with a single installation), is it possible to have
> Tomcat installed several times on the same Windows machine (and have them
> run concurrently)?

One word of advice if you're new to Tomcat: the 5.5 branch is in alpha
mode right now, and there are things which don't work right in 5.5.0.
You at least be ready to upgrade frequently to pick up the bugfixes.
If you want a good first experience, try 5.0.28.

--
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Rémy Maucherat