tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Srinivasarao Salla <Srinivasarao.Sa...@Sierraatlantic.com>
Subject RE: Increasing heap size in Tomcat
Date Tue, 28 Sep 2004 13:16:26 GMT
Hi,

	In tomcat 3.2.1 also we have a start script called tomcat.bat.
	I think in this script we set the JAVA_OPTS. But I am not knowing
	how to set the parameter and where to set it. If you any Idea I
would
	appreciate it.

	Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Sri.

-----Original Message-----
From: QM [mailto:qm300@brandxdev.net]
Sent: Tuesday, September 28, 2004 6:19 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: Increasing heap size in Tomcat

On Tue, Sep 28, 2004 at 03:36:51AM -0700, Srinivasarao Salla wrote:
: 	We are using Tomcat 3.2.1 version. We want to Increase the Heap
: Size.
: 	Can anyone suggest way of how to do this.

Find some way to pass the "-Xmx" flag to the Java commandline.

In v4.x and 5.x, you set the environment variable "JAVA_OPTS"  before
running the start script.

It may be the same in v3.x; what do the docs say?

-QM

--

software  -- http://www.brandxdev.net
tech news -- http://www.RoarNetworX.com