tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Justin Ruthenbeck <just...@nextengine.com>
Subject RE: Question about creating new HttpSessions
Date Thu, 16 Sep 2004 20:23:36 GMT
At 12:24 PM 9/16/2004, you wrote:
>Shapira, Yoav said:
> >
> > Hi,
> > Why don't you want to invalidate the old one?
>
>Mainly because the case that brought up this problem is the tester
>using the File->New->New window command, then browsing to a
>bookmarked URL for the login page.  They need to be able to
>continue using the old session in the old window, and the new
>session in the new window.

Note that most browsers use the same cookie-set if you do a
"File->New->New Window" command, but use a new cookie-set if you simply
start them in another process (for Windows that means clicking on the
icon again to launch a new browser instance).

Try it with whatever browser you're using to test (varies by browser, but
all that I've used have a similar way to accomplish this), but solving
the problem this way would be much, much, much easier than asking your
app to do something it's not "supposed" to do.

justin

Justin Ruthenbeck
Lead Software Engineer, NextEngine Inc.
justinr - AT - nextengine DOT com