tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Brad Neuberg <b...@columbia.edu>
Subject JSP Compiler produces huge HTML files with whitespace
Date Wed, 08 Sep 2004 16:54:32 GMT
It seems like Tomcats JSP compiler produces _huge_ HTML pages, retaining
all the white space in the original JSP file.  When I view source I see a
tremendous amount of white space with barely any tags.  The file sizes are
bloated by about three times.  I have GZIP encoding on, but the white space
makes it difficult for developers to step over the HTML produced to debug
things.  Does anyone know if there is a setting in Tomcat to reduce the
amount of whitespace in generated HTML files from JSP?

Thanks,
   Brad Neuberg
   Senior Software Engineer, Rojo Networks
   bkn3@columbia.edu