tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Allistair Crossley" <Allistair.Cross...@QAS.com>
Subject RE: Setting JVM ==> file.encoding = Cp1252
Date Wed, 08 Sep 2004 10:40:31 GMT
hi ben,

the jvm always operates with utf. Data transferred into or out of the jvm  is in a format
matching the file.encoding property.

i don't understand why you wish to change the file.encoding. the jvm file encoding should
really match your file system, that's why on windows it is Cp1252 and on linux iso-8859-15.

the file.encoding will not affect the way your request encoding or database encoding aligns.

why don't you email me your web.xml, your jsp, your servlet, your JNDI or database connectivity
config and I will take a look.

ADC

http://www.gistec-online.de |
> | http://www.ingeoic.de              http://www.geo-watermarking.de |