tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "LINGALA, AMARESHWAR G \(SBCSI\)" <al3...@sbc.com>
Subject RE: Problems with tomcat on UNIX
Date Tue, 28 Sep 2004 15:31:56 GMT

 Yoav,
      I did verified the server.xml files from both the environments and
everything is pretty much the same the only difference is that I use
port 8080 on my local machine and port 8072 on the unix machine. The jar
file is in the same location. It is in the WEB-INF/libs dir.

Well I use the link http://localhost:8080/SSBilling/form/ to access my
local portal.

Above all everything did seems to work just before the weekend.

 Please let me know if there is anything that I am missing to change.

 Thanks
  Amar

-----Original Message-----
From: Shapira, Yoav [mailto:Yoav.Shapira@mpi.com]
Sent: Tuesday, September 28, 2004 10:17 AM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: RE: Problems with tomcat on UNIX

Hi,
Well, how is the local machine configuration different the unix one?  Is
the driver jar in the same directory?  Is the server.xml the same?  Is
your context definition, if you have one, the same?  When you say you're
running fine locally, is that from within an IDE, or on the command
line?

Out of curiosity, did you search the archives or consult the Tomcat FAQ
before posting your question?  This is not a rare question ;)

Yoav Shapira
Millennium Research Informatics

java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(ClassLoader.java:315)
>        at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)
>        at java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java:140)
>        at
>org.apache.commons.dbcp.BasicDataSource.createDataSource(BasicDataSourc
e.ja
>a:730)
>        at
>org.apache.commons.dbcp.BasicDataSource.getConnection(BasicDataSource.j
ava:
>5
>18)
>        at
>com.sbc.ssbilling.database.DBConnectionImpl.makeDBConnection(DBConnecti
onIm
>l.java:57)
>        at
>com.sbc.ssbilling.calculation.action.CalculationsReportAction.execute(C
alcu
>ationsReportAction.java:51)
>        at
>org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.processActionPerform(RequestP
roce
>sor.java:484)
>        at
>org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.process(RequestProcessor.java
:274
>)
>        at
>org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.process(ActionServlet.java:1482)
>        at
>org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.doPost(ActionServlet.java:525)
>        at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:763)
>        at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:856)
>        at
>org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(Applic
atio
>FilterChain.java:284)
>        at
>org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFil
terC
>ain.java:204)
>        at
>org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperVal
ve.j
>va:257)
>        at
>org.apache.catalina.core.StandardValveContext.invokeNext(StandardValveC
onte
>t.java:151)
>        at
>org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:
564)
>        at
>org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invokeInternal(StandardCo
ntex
>Valve.java:245)
>        at
>org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextVal
ve.j
>va:199)
>        at
>org.apache.catalina.core.StandardValveContext.invokeNext(StandardValveC
onte
>t.java:151)
>        at
>org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:
564)
>        at
>org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.jav
a:19
>5
>)
>        at
>org.apache.catalina.core.StandardValveContext.invokeNext(StandardValveC
onte
>t.java:151)
>        at
>org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.jav
a:16
>4
>)
>        at
>org.apache.catalina.core.StandardValveContext.invokeNext(StandardValveC
onte
>t.java:149)
>        at
>org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:
564)
>        at
>org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve
.jav
>:156)
>        at
>org.apache.catalina.core.StandardValveContext.invokeNext(StandardValveC
onte
>t.java:151)
>        at
>org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:
564)
>        at
>org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:972)
>        at
>org.apache.coyote.tomcat5.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:206)
>        at
>org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:8
28)
>        at
>org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.process
Conn