tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "LINGALA, AMARESHWAR G (SBCSI)" <al3...@sbc.com>
Subject Problems with tomcat on UNIX
Date Tue, 28 Sep 2004 15:10:46 GMT

 I have recently Implemented Connection Pooling for my Struts web
application. Everything seemed to have worked correctly until last weekend.
All of a sudden I get the following error whenever I try to access the
database. Also just so that you know everything works fine on my local
machine. I get this problem only when I try to use the one on UNIX box.

 org.apache.commons.dbcp.SQLNestedException: Cannot load JDBC driver class
'oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver', cause:
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver
        at
org.apache.catalina.loader.StandardClassLoader.loadClass(StandardClassLoader
.java:891)
        at
org.apache.catalina.loader.StandardClassLoader.loadClass(StandardClassLoader
.java:756)
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(ClassLoader.java:315)
        at
org.apache.commons.dbcp.BasicDataSource.createDataSource(BasicDataSource.jav
a:730)
        at
org.apache.commons.dbcp.BasicDataSource.getConnection(BasicDataSource.java:5
18)
        at
com.sbc.ssbilling.database.DBConnectionImpl.makeDBConnection(DBConnectionImp
l.java:57)
        at
com.sbc.ssbilling.calculation.action.CalculationsReportAction.execute(Calcul
ationsReportAction.java:51)
        at
org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.processActionPerform(RequestProces
sor.java:484)
        at
org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.process(RequestProcessor.java:274)
        at
org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.process(ActionServlet.java:1482)
        at
org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.doPost(ActionServlet.java:525)
        at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:763)
        at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:856)
        at
FilterChain.java:284)
        at
ain.java:204)
        at
va:257)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardValveContext.invokeNext(StandardValveContex
t.java:151)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:564)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invokeInternal(StandardContext
Valve.java:245)
        at
va:199)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardValveContext.invokeNext(StandardValveContex
t.java:151)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:564)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:195
)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardValveContext.invokeNext(StandardValveContex
t.java:151)
        at
org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:164
)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardValveContext.invokeNext(StandardValveContex
t.java:149)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:564)
        at
:156)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardValveContext.invokeNext(StandardValveContex
t.java:151)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:564)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:972)
        at
org.apache.coyote.tomcat5.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:206)
        at
org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:828)
        at
ction(Http11Protocol.java:700)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.util.net.TcpWorkerThread.runIt(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:584)
        at
a:683)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:536)

Any help is greatly appreciated !!

Thanks
  Amar