tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Pamela Stangl <pcsta...@doit.wisc.edu>
Subject RE: Home page Administration and Manager links
Date Wed, 15 Sep 2004 20:32:48 GMT
Well, I've gotten the Administration link to work.   I had not copied the
server directory to my $CATALINA_BASE.    Now the link prompts me for a
username/password and I am able to login with the credentials I had set in
the tomcat-users.xml file.    But I'm still getting a 404 error for the
Manager link
message /manager/html

description The requested resource (/manager/html) is not available.

And in  localhost_log.2004-09-15.txt this error is listed:
Resources start failed:
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Document base
/web/tomcat4.1-local/patch1base/webapps/manager does not exist or is not
  a readable directory

Any ideas would be appreciated.