tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Pamela Stangl <pcsta...@doit.wisc.edu>
Subject RE: Home page Administration and Manager links
Date Wed, 15 Sep 2004 19:05:06 GMT
Thanks  John and Yoav.

I have a CATALINA_BASE and a CATALINA_HOME
CATALINA_HOME=/web/tomcat4.1-local
CATALINA_BASE=/web/tomcat4.1-local/patch1base

I edited the $CATALINA_BASE/conf/tomcat-users.xml and added a us
<?xml version='1.0' encoding='utf-8'?>
<tomcat-users>
   <role rolename="admin"/>
   <role rolename="standard"/>
   <user username="admin" password="flower" fullName="admin"
roles="admin,standard"/>
</tomcat-users>

Stopped and restarted the tomcat but still get a 404 error.

I checked the logs.  In localhost_admin_log.2004-09-15.txt is the following
error:

StandardContext[/admin]: Resources start failed:
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Document base
/web/tomcat4.1-local/patch1base/webapps/../server/webapps/admin does not
  exist or is not a readable directory

Again, appreciate any help.

pam