tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Brian Roberts <brian88robe...@dodo.com.au>
Subject Re: cannot find server
Date Sun, 19 Sep 2004 04:50:15 GMT
QM thanks for your reply

the URL is http://127.0.0.1:8080/ . The set up wizard for tomcat server
version 5 set up the software. I didn't make any adjustments to the
settings. How can I check the DNS etc. as you suggested? I did try a google
on that but it was difficult to find something I could try. How can I check
that the tomcat server is working and is on port 8080?
When I click on the start/programs/Apache tomcat 5.0/configure tomcat
button this brings up the 'Apache tomcat properties' dialogue box which
always shows service status as - 'Stopped'. When I click the start button
the 'Apache service manager' dialogue box opens which appears to start the
Apache tomcat which shows service status as 'Started' but when I click OK
and reopen the dialogue box the service status shows - 'Stopped'. Even if I
leave the dialogue box open and showing service status - 'Started' then
click on the welcome button to open the browser on the above URL and port
8080 the message shows 'cannot find server'.

I hope I haven't been to long winded but I wanted to show a clear picture
of what is going on.

Thanks for your help
Brian Roberts

At 01:03 PM 18/09/2004 -0500, you wrote:
>On Sat, Sep 18, 2004 at 10:40:45AM +0800, Brian Roberts wrote:
>: I'm having a problem with tomcat server version 5. When I click on
>: the welcome button from the start/programs/apache tomcat 5.0 the
>: browser opens and says 'cannot find server'.
>
>Sounds like a networking problem.  What's the URL in the browser window?
>Check your DNS or hosts file to make sure that name is resolvable, etc.
>
>-QM
>
>--
>
>software  -- http://www.brandxdev.net
>tech news -- http://www.RoarNetworX.com