tomcat-users mailing list archives

From David.Paw...@rnib.org.uk
Subject RE: Tomcat development rate.
Date Fri, 17 Sep 2004 13:03:45 GMT

    -----Original Message-----
    From: John Villar

    Yep.... there are lots :-D.... David, as long as you adhere
    to the servlet specification, there won't be any problems
    at all (off course, there's always a glitch here and
    there).

The service provided to customers is both the TC configuration
as well as the servlets, jsp pages etc. So I would be loathe to
separate the two with respect to a web service?
  I initially tried tc 4, blinked twice and had to do lots
of work to get the same app running on tc 5, mainly due
to configuration differences.
  Its that that makes me a little concerned.
And now 5.5x is nearing stable, what other changes?
  Just that from my perspective the change rate seems
to be getting expensive from maint costs?

It may decrease as my tc experience increases, but thats
the view I take today.

regards DaveP

--
DISCLAIMER: