tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@UNISYS.com>
Subject RE: RE: A little offbeat question
Date Thu, 16 Sep 2004 12:41:11 GMT
> From: John Najarian [mailto:j-najarian@earthlink.net]
> Subject: RE: RE: A little offbeat question
>
> I'm still going to look at the CLASSPATH env var.  Maybe I should
> add '.' to the CLASSPATH variable.

These days, Sun seems to be recommending not using the CLASSPATH environment variable - ever.
 Use either the -cp argument on each program invocation, or make the proper directory current
when you execute the desired program.  Your experience is a good example of why global environment
variables must be used very judiciously.

 - Chuck