tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Michiel Toneman <Michiel.Tone...@bibit.com>
Subject Re: AW: Problem!
Date Wed, 29 Sep 2004 06:09:38 GMT

This doesn't seen completely correct. We run high volume production with
Tomcat 5.0.19 on Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build
1.4.2_03-b02) on Solaris. So you *can* run Tomcat fine with only a jre,
but you need to precompile your JSP's. And you have to know what you are
doing, of course ;-).

Michiel

--

Michiel Toneman  Software Engineer   Bibit Global Payment Services
Regulierenring 10  3981 LB  Bunnik       Michiel.Toneman@bibit.com