tomcat-users mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Marek Wójtowicz <marw...@wp.pl>
Subject Re: Urgent !! Please help me out.
Date Wed, 22 Sep 2004 11:38:03 GMT
I think you should not unzip war files,
instend go to your tomacat manager and use it to put war files into your 
webapps folder

Shanti Priya wrote:
> Hi Prashant!!!
>                     Thanks for the mail.Infact i am using oracle as a
> database and i am trying to deploy an online application war into my local
> tomcat. The application basically starts with a user authentication which i
> want to by pass by changing in web-users.xml .I have unzipped the war file
> and copied to webapps as well as copied the war file also into webapps.
> 
> I have copied the classes12.jar also to the directory of
> catalina/commons/lib.
> Do i need to change some thing in server.xml /web.xml or some where else to
> run my application.
> Following are the bunch of errors i do get in my tomcat server
> 
> HTTP Status 500 -
> 
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
> ----
> 
> type Exception report
> 
> message
> 
> description The server encountered an internal error () that prevented it
> from fulfilling this request.
> 
> exception
> 
> org.apache.jasper.JasperException: Cannot find bean userObject in scope null
> 	at
> org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:2
> 48)
> 	at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:295)
> 	at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:241)
> 	at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:853)
> 	at
> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.invoke(ApplicationDispatcher.
> java:684)
> 	at
> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.doForward(ApplicationDispatch
> er.java:432)
> 	at
> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.forward(ApplicationDispatcher
> .java:356)
> 	at
> org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.processActionForward(ActionServlet.ja
> va:1759)
> 	at org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.process(ActionServlet.java:1596)
> 	at org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.doGet(ActionServlet.java:492)
> 	at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:740)
> 	at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:853)
> 	at
> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(Application
> FilterChain.java:247)
> 	at
> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterCh
> ain.java:193)
> 	at
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.ja
> va:260)
> 	at
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext.invok
> eNext(StandardPipeline.java:643)
> 	at
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:480)
> 	at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:995)
> 	at
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.ja
> va:191)
> 	at
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext.invok
> eNext(StandardPipeline.java:643)
> 	at
> org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBase.invoke(AuthenticatorBase
> .java:550)
> 	at
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext.invok
> eNext(StandardPipeline.java:641)
> 	at
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:480)
> 	at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:995)
> 	at
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.invoke(StandardContext.java:2415)
> 	at
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:180
> )
> 	at
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext.invok
> eNext(StandardPipeline.java:643)
> 	at
> org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorDispatcherValve.invoke(ErrorDispatcherValve.
> java:170)
> 	at
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext.invok
> eNext(StandardPipeline.java:641)
> 	at
> org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:172
> )
> 	at
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext.invok
> eNext(StandardPipeline.java:641)
> 	at
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:480)
> 	at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:995)
> 	at
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java
> :174)
> 	at
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext.invok
> eNext(StandardPipeline.java:643)
> 	at
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:480)
> 	at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:995)
> 	at org.apache.coyote.tomcat4.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:223)
> 	at
> org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:432)
> 	at
> org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.processConne
> ction(Http11Protocol.java:386)
> 	at
> org.apache.tomcat.util.net.TcpWorkerThread.runIt(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:534)
> 	at
> org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPool.jav
> a:530)
> 	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:534)
> 
> 
> root cause
> 
> javax.servlet.ServletException: Cannot find bean userObject in scope null
> 	at
> org.apache.jasper.runtime.PageContextImpl.handlePageException(PageContextImp
> l.java:530)
> 	at org.apache.jsp.Error_jsp._jspService(Error_jsp.java:896)
> 	at org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:137)
> 	at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:853)
> 	at
> org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:2
> 04)
> 	at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:295)
> 	at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:241)
> 	at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:853)
> 	at
> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.invoke(ApplicationDispatcher.
> java:684)
> 	at
> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.doForward(ApplicationDispatch
> er.java:432)
> 	at
> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.forward(ApplicationDispatcher
> .java:356)
> 	at
> org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.processActionForward(ActionServlet.ja
> va:1759)
> 	at org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.process(ActionServlet.java:1596)
> 	at org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.doGet(ActionServlet.java:492)
> 	at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:740)
> 	at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:853)
> 	at
> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(Application
> FilterChain.java:247)
> 	at
> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterCh
> ain.java:193)
> 	at
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.ja
> va:260)
> 	at
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext.invok
> eNext(StandardPipeline.java:643)
> 	at
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:480)
> 	at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:995)
> 	at
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.ja
> va:191)
> 	at
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext.invok
> eNext(StandardPipeline.java:643)
> 	at
> org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBase.invoke(AuthenticatorBase
> .java:550)
> 	at
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext.invok
> eNext(StandardPipeline.java:641)
> 	at
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:480)
> 	at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:995)
> 	at
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.invoke(StandardContext.java:2415)
> 	at
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:180
> )
> 	at
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext.invok
> eNext(StandardPipeline.java:643)
> 	at
> org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorDispatcherValve.invoke(ErrorDispatcherValve.
> java:170)
> 	at
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext.invok
> eNext(StandardPipeline.java:641)
> 	at
> org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:172
> )
> 	at
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext.invok
> eNext(StandardPipeline.java:641)
> 	at
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:480)
> 	at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:995)
> 	at
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java
> :174)
> 	at
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext.invok
> eNext(StandardPipeline.java:643)
> 	at
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:480)
> 	at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:995)
> 	at org.apache.coyote.tomcat4.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:223)
> 	at
> org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:432)
> 	at
> org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.processConne
> ction(Http11Protocol.java:386)
> 	at
> org.apache.tomcat.util.net.TcpWorkerThread.runIt(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:534)
> 	at
> org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPool.jav
> a:530)
> 	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:534)
> 
> 
> -----Original Message-----
> From: prashant chavan [mailto:pra_linux@yahoo.co.in]
> Sent: Wednesday, September 22, 2004 4:49 PM
> To: Tomcat Users List
> Subject: Re: Urgent !! Please help me out.
> 
> 
> Hi Shanti
> 
> Your error seems to be a databse connection error. Tell me r u using oracle
> as your database for the application. Then you need to check the entries for
> db connectivity files - driverproperties.properties. Reply me with detailed
> info sot that i can help in a much better way.
> 
> Regards
> Prashant
> 
> Shanti Priya <sasunkar@cisco.com> wrote:
> HI!!
> I get the following error when i try to run my application on
> tomcat.
> The message in the server is as follows.
> 
> ERROR [2004-09-22 12:36:07,275] [Thread-5] [GSEITBaseAction.java:166] -
> Error in
> actionPerform:
> java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no ocijdbc8 in java.library.path
> at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary(ClassLoader.java:1491)
> at java.lang.Runtime.loadLibrary0(Runtime.java:788)
> at java.lang.System.loadLibrary(System.java:834)
> at oracle.jdbc.oci8.OCIDBAccess.logon(OCIDBAccess.java:228)
> at
> oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleConnection.(OracleConnection.java:246)
> 
> at
> oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver.getConnectionInstance(OracleDriver.java:365)
> at oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver.connect(OracleDriver.java:260)
> at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:512)
> at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:171)
> at
> com.bitmechanic.sql.ConnectionPool.createDriverConnection(ConnectionPool.jav
> a:468)
> at
> com.bitmechanic.sql.ConnectionPool.getConnection(ConnectionPool.java:407)
> at
> com.cisco.ea.apparch.framework.db.DBPool.borrowConnection(DBPool.java:91)
> at
> com.cisco.ea.apparch.framework.db.DBPoolManager.borrowConnection(DBPoolManag
> er.java:300)
> at
> com.cisco.gseit.db.ConnectionFactory.getConnection(ConnectionFactory.java:20
> 6)
> at
> com.cisco.gseit.db.ObjectLoader.getConnection(ObjectLoader.java:957)
> at
> com.cisco.gseit.db.ObjectLoader.getCollectionFromStoredProcedure(ObjectLoade
> r.java:1238)
> at
> com.cisco.asit.grm.user.UserDAO.getUserFromLoginName(UserDAO.java:61)
> at
> com.cisco.asit.grm.struts.common.action.GROWBaseAction.performPreActionSetup
> (GROWBaseAction.java:100)
> at
> com.cisco.gseit.struts.common.action.GSEITBaseAction.perform(GSEITBaseAction
> .java:108)
> at
> org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.processActionPerform(ActionServlet.ja
> va:1787)
> at
> org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.process(ActionServlet.java:1586)
> at
> org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.doGet(ActionServlet.java:492)
> at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:740)
> at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:853)
> at
> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(Application
> FilterChain.java:247)
> at
> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterCh
> ain.java:193)
> 
> Thanks & Regards,
> Shanti Priya Sunkara
> 
> Location : Pune, India
> Email : sasunkar@cisco.com
> 
> 
> 
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: tomcat-user-unsubscribe@jakarta.apache.org
> For additional commands, e-mail: tomcat-user-help@jakarta.apache.org
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> ---------------------------------
> Do you Yahoo!?
> Yahoo! Mail - Helps protect you from nasty viruses.
> 
> 
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: tomcat-user-unsubscribe@jakarta.apache.org
> For additional commands, e-mail: tomcat-user-help@jakarta.apache.org
> 
> 
> 

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: tomcat-user-unsubscribe@jakarta.apache.org
For additional commands, e-mail: tomcat-user-help@jakarta.apache.org


Mime
View raw message