tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Hassan Schroeder <has...@webtuitive.com>
Subject Re: cannot find server
Date Mon, 20 Sep 2004 14:53:52 GMT
Brian Roberts wrote:

> Yep I tried 'catalina.bat run' at
> the bin directory of tomcat and the reply was. " 'catalina.bat' not
> recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch
> file"

Then your path doesn't include the current directory. Try either
".\catalina.bat run" (in the bin directory) or, having checked that
your CATALINA_HOME environment variable's set properly, you can try
"%CATALINA_HOME%\bin\catalina.bat run" which should work from any
directory.

> I think version 5 is a lot different from version 4. I've tried to
> install both version without success

My development desktop runs Windows 2000, and I've got 4.1.30 *and*
5.0.28 running simultaneously right now, so...

BTW, did you install from an .exe? If so, I'd recommend uninstalling
that, and re-installing from a tar/zip version (in a directory with
no spaces in the path names). That's what I do with each new release
and it *always* "just works"...

HTH,

                           dream.  code.